So it’s been quite a while since the original release of the Witchy Blog Award. One of my all-time favorite bloggers Cassandra and I often talked about how there were a lot of writing and creativity awards floating around the blogosphere but nothing specifically designed to honor Wiccan and Neo-Pagan bloggers. Thus an idea was born. It took several weeks to get the details and the award itself worked out, but it turned out rather well. I can’t describe the excitement I felt when we first released the award and got so much positive feedback.
Cassandra has left the blogging world behind, unfortunately, which leaves me the sole originator of the Witchy Blog Award. I have scoured WordPress for several weeks looking for new blogs to bestow it upon, and here finally is the completely complied list.
The rules are much the same as before. The tab for entering your blog site is above, and a hearty congrats to those who will have their blogs listed there!
- Dedicate at least part of a post to receiving the award and share the award logo
- Thank the blogger who passed the award to you
- Answer the seven questions below
- Nominate five Wiccan/Pagan bloggers (If you don’t know five other Wiccan bloggers, nominate as many as you can)
- Notify your nominees of their pending award
- Stop by Ayslyn’s Corner to add your name to the list of bloggers awarded (tab above)
Seven Questions: (You may customize as long as they are still Wiccan and Pagan related)
- How did you “discover” Wicca/witchcraft/Neo-Paganism?
- Do you grow herbs?
- Are you “in the broom closet”? If not, share your coming out experience
- What tradition do you follow, if any?
- Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan or Pagan (or maybe something else?)
- How much of witchcraft/Wicca are you able to incorporate into your everyday life?
- Do you have a familiar? If you do, tell us how you meet him/her and how s/he takes part in your practice (if at all)
Two very special nominees I’d like to pass the award to again are Ariadne at Cauldron and Brew: A Witch’s Blog and Lunapo at Biblebelt Witch. Both bloggers were two of the original set to receive the award and have remained active on WordPress while many others (myself included) have taken hiatuses.
And here are the newest winners!
- My Wiccan Note
- 2 Boys 1 Homestead (for Witchy Wednesday posts)
- The Informed Pagan
- Musings of a Kitchen Witch
- The Purple Broom
- The Raven and the Oak